Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Irishman

Change of seasons / impact on fish being caught

What's the forecast / anticipated change of fish being caught as we move from warmer days to through fall / winter. I have only managed to hit la jolla once this summer, have had some good days on San Diego bay. Am looking for input on what changes regarding fish being caught. Do halibut leave San Diego bay? Still yellows to be caught at la jolla?
Cheers
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
What's the forecast / anticipated change of fish being caught as we move from warmer days to through fall / winter. I have only managed to hit la jolla once this summer, have had some good days on San Diego bay. Am looking for input on what changes regarding fish being caught. Do halibut leave San Diego bay? Still yellows to be caught at la jolla?
Cheers
Yellow tail will be in La Jolla all year round. We have caught them in every month of the year, it's just a matter of finding out what they are up to during each season.

As far as Halibut goes, I'm not much of an expert but hopefully Greg, Tony or Jim can chime in. They seem to know Halibut better than the Halibut do.
Watch the spawn seasons, and find the bait. Structure is important in locating their spots too. That's about all I can help regards to flatties.

Good luck out there.