Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

Looking and Pricing

One of The biggest regrets I have is that I sold my Kayak, though the funds went to a very important need and cause I still wish I had not sold it. However I am covering all my bases while looking for a new one. I like the OK Kayaks and think I'm wanting to stay in the 13' range for storage space and over all comfort. I have seen these online and the price is pretty good, what do you all think?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...umber=10993491
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
m1k3midg3

ha pescador is spanish for fisherman
m1k3midg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1k3midg3 View Post
ha pescador is spanish for fisherman
That I do know, what I don't know is if this boat is a good buy for the price. I like the shape, and have been told that it's basically a WS type Kayak.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
jhook

I can't tell you anything about that boat, but there have been a lot of deals on OK kayaks latetly.
Like these:
http://www.sportchalet.com/nav/p/cat...scend&page=all

Cabela's recently had a big sale too. I ordered an OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler for $650 and ended up getting the new Prowler T branded model. Can't wait to get it wet.
jhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhook View Post
I can't tell you anything about that boat, but there have been a lot of deals on OK kayaks latetly.
Like these:
http://www.sportchalet.com/nav/p/cat...scend&page=all

Cabela's recently had a big sale too. I ordered an OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler for $650 and ended up getting the new Prowler T branded model. Can't wait to get it wet.
That's a good deal, I like the look of the Trident 13s. I'm not buying anytime soon, but I want to make the right purchase. I plan on owning my next Yak for a long time.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
LakersFan

Peception Kayaks and Wilderness Systems are both tied into the same big company, Confluence Watersports.

The Perception Kayak seems to use the old Wilderness Systems style of "tupperware" hatch covers. I would recommend reading other people's reviews of kayaks with this type of hatch cover. Some say they come off in rough surf, some say never a problem.

Both the new Wilderness Systems and OK use more secure hatch covers. WS using a quick hinged and latched type cover and OK using a quick strap type cover.

Otherwise, it looks like it is very similar to WS products.
LakersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #7
umtduckhead

perception is a great boat. the owner of perception before it was bought out in the late 1990's was my next door neighbor. the yaks are made in Easley SC. perception has been around a LONG time and as far as the whitewater scene they are one of the pioneers!
umtduckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
Jimmyz123

I was once looking at the 15' boats but storage is an issue at my house. The 12 to 13' boats are perfect for my storage area and it's enough boat for me I think. So I've narrowed down the size. I do like the O.K. boats and the one thing I have always heard about the WS boats is that they can be a wet ride in the seat. I know I'm going to get wet while fishing and paddling, but even my Cobra I had was a pretty dry ride.