Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Saba Slayer

Redondo WSB

Thousands of them...to be released from the King Harbor grow out tanks on Oct.26th at about 10am....The tanks are on the Sea Lab property across from the power plant...tell the gate guard by the Chart House entrance that you are there for the release of the WSB and then park behind the Sea Lab and enter through the back gate.
This is from one of the organizers yesterday....Rich Ford...
"WSB Friends,
Water is 64 degrees and clear. Fish look good, swimming in a Sea Bass circle. We lost 13 fish this week, not counting the 20 fish DFW tested for release of our fish. Most if not all morts had red marks on stomach or lesion at tail from handling on tagging. Release is 10/26 but no time given yet, when time is told I'll let every one know. As you know we need a few volunteers to help with release, all are welcome, doesn't have to be a volunteer. I remember one release when we had 3 generations of a family helping. LA Conversation Corp is having a board meeting at Sea Lab on 10/26 so asks we come in gates at parking lot so as not to interfere with their meeting."
Show up if you can, it's fun netting all those baby's for the transfer and you can work on your WSB Karma too...!!!
THANKS
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
CheapPelican

Sounds fun. I did a quick search but couldn't find any information about this upcoming event. I did find a story about last years release. Is there a site you can direct us to, or is this just a word of mouth thing?