Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
Rocketfish

Anaheim Bay

If I launched from Seal Beach and paddled around the jetty into that triangular area just outside Anaheim bay, would I be allowed there? form the Seal Beach side, there is a fence along the jetty that clearly means "stay out". I was interested in giving those rocks a try from the anaheim bay side but was thinking that the Navy guys might not look favorably on that.

Also, where does it say that we cannot yak past the PCH bridge from Huntington Harbor? There are boats that pass through the bridge all the time. Granted, there is a sign telling them to stay on a certain course, but what about us yakkers?
Rocketfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
Hunters Pa

Yakking is no bueno from Huntington Harbor past the PCH bridge. They load Navy vessels with ammo in that area and don't take kindly to human powered vessels.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
Rocketfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Yakking is no bueno from Huntington Harbor past the PCH bridge. They load Navy vessels with ammo in that area and don't take kindly to human powered vessels.
oh i get that, but there seems to be a small area under and just past the bridge that seems to always hold a lot of boils. I also see that there is a watch tower of sorts past the bridge. what if I were to paddle JUST BEFORE that?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Rocketfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketfish View Post
oh i get that, but there seems to be a small area under and just past the bridge that seems to always hold a lot of boils. I also see that there is a watch tower of sorts past the bridge. what if I were to paddle JUST BEFORE that?
OK. This answers my questions. forget my ignorant questions LOL.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/33/334.930