Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
TJones

It's me again .

. Has anyone seen or tried the LSS 2 ram mount ? Or possibly come up with something else ? They have 3 versions . One on a sliding track and a couple on one inch ball . Thanks.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Lipripper92592

Are you questioning the possibilities as well? I've been contemplating using a custom scupper mount, so that it is within 18" of the main xducer so the images line up correctly. I'm just not sure how deep/thick the xducer is, meaning will the outer pontoons on the PA protect the xducer or will it protrude and end up getting hung up on kelp and the beach.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
TJones

This is better

Ram mount has a 1" ball that connects with a u bolt . It would clamp on the back of Pa handle at back . The ball then can be utilized to deploy the arm that mounts the LSS transducer . It could be raised and lowered . Not sure how easy it would be . But it could be done . The transducer would be directly behind boat and centered . Their are pictures on you tube . Try googling lss2 on pa. Or red neck on pa . J.k. . He is a pro staffer primarily that fishes fresh I believe . You can also see mount at manufacturers website to get an idea.

Last edited by TJones; 12-22-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Wrong title
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

It going to be prone to snagging debris. And you need to make sure it's level when you raise or lower ducer. Maybe work a way to install LS2 in lowrance ready section. Then drill a hole and install a thru hull transducer for the regular broadband.

Last edited by Bert Vega; 12-22-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:28 AM   #5
danjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Vega View Post
It going to be prone to snagging debris. And you need to make sure it's level when you raise or lower ducer. Maybe work a way to install LS2 in lowrance ready section. Then drill a hole and install a thru hull transducer for the regular broadband.
Hey that was exactly what I said in a different thread. Now if only getting the money for the sonarhub or upgrade to gen 3 was that easy
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #6
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
Hey that was exactly what I said in a different thread. Now if only getting the money for the sonarhub or upgrade to gen 3 was that easy
Do you have the touch? I thought you didn't need hub with the touch
Old 12-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #7
Lipripper92592

With touch you don't need the sonar hub. LSS2 xducer is 10 1/8" long, bit too long for the lowrance ready area.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote