Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Grunt31

oside

So I got a buddy of mine into kayak fishing... So he buys a yak- Hobie outback- older model... And he gets nothing his first few times...then we finally head out together...

So prior to that we head to anglers tackle and run into a buddy. Tells me he hooked up on 5 hali in like a half hour in the AO we were going to head into.which 2 hali in one day is amazing... And he pulled them in on some jerks... So after a while of debating to paddle to AR 2 or toward the peir... We stayed local. I'm letting him borrow one of my rods and a lucky craft (110) which is my go to for hali... And take him to my spot I call "halibut cove" I tell him where to orient his casts... And he says nope I'll just keep doing what I'm doing... Because he's hooked up on probably a 13 inch hali.... Gets it in the boat... And a bit confused on how to take the hook pit since he's new to the yak and the salt... He put the fish in the water on the other side. And the fish gets away..... With probably 6 hooks in the fish... Some 30 pound power pro... And my luckiest LC 110 I've ever had... Either way I laughed especially when he jumped in... All in all. Happy to see him pull one in for the first time...

Be aware though... Halis are moving in on some jerks and always the ol lucky craft in the shallows... So tight lines and bent rods...
Grunt31 is offline   Reply With Quote