Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Question PA and Revo

So being between kayaks sucks. I have decided on going to the darkside that was simple what I cant decide is between a revo and a PA. I have taken both out over the last few weeks and still cant decide. The revo is faster and more maneuverable, the PA is Stable as hell, even more so then I imagined. Help a brother out in making a decision, post up some pics of how you have rigged yours up, and what you like best about it.
Thanks in advance
David

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

just sold my Revo and getting in a PA. I have peddled around with friends and the PA seems just as fast. Where will you be fishing the most?
Old 09-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 467echo View Post
just sold my Revo and getting in a PA. I have peddled around with friends and the PA seems just as fast. Where will you be fishing the most?
yeah I saw your ad and the fact that it was Wahoos I almost pulled the trigger but I was going out on a friends PA the following day. I fish everywhere open water up to 8 miles out, bays, and lakes. That's what making it hard. I heard wispers of a smaller PA due out later this year, but no proof of that. Having sold my kayak last month I have been borrowing friends kayaks and Riding as a boat HO yesterday so I need to get my own ride asap.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 09-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

easy choice, if you can afford a PA, get it!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
PapaDave

If you can afford to, go with a PA, I'm glad I did. Stable, lots of room and VERY comfortable for those day long trips.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
blitzburgh

A beast to lug around but its been over a year and a half with my PA and I wouldn't go any other way! Like PapaDCh said, SUPER stable and I can stay on it ALL day comfortably.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100MEDIA95IMAG0091.jpg (35.7 KB, 403 views)
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
hook1fred

I really like my PA but I'd love the ease of a smaller PA..... It's a beast to transport (unless your have a truck) heavy as all hell wheeling that beast up a hill kills me. It is extremely stable and fishes great. As far as speed its quick for what it is
hook1fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

yeah the weight is kind of a issue for me, I will be storing it on a talic rack up high above our 5 bikes. I have a truck so moving it is not a problem. Where do you guys have the FF and the transducer mounted?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 467echo View Post
easy choice, if you can afford a PA, get it!
Second that!
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
yeah the weight is kind of a issue for me, I will be storing it on a talic rack up high above our 5 bikes. I have a truck so moving it is not a problem. Where do you guys have the FF and the transducer mounted?
Wet mount in the hull left of the center tackle hatch.

Cheers

Steve
Old 09-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDCh View Post
If you can afford to, go with a PA, I'm glad I did. Stable, lots of room and VERY comfortable for those day long trips.
I have been on the water for 12 hours straight in my PA.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #12
PapaDave

I used to have the transducer mounted inside but the summer heat popped the seal so now the transucer hangs over the side on one of those mounts for that. Works fairly well. The unit is to my right side on the black platform up towards where I sit as far as I could get it.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
romspacenut

On my PA, I have my FF mounted on a MAD FROG GEAR DELUXE PRO ANGLER BOARD and the transducer a Mad Frog The Liberator.

Quote:
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

so no love for the Revo? thanks everyone for the input.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
Kailolo

Revo Experience

Used to have a Cobra FnD, so I know about stable and big but heavy. Loved that boat, but sold it for a Revo.

PA was too heavy to load onto my SUV roof, too heavy to carry by the handles for short excursions, and likely would have been a real bear even with Wheelez at the end of a long day. PA was also TOO WIDE, as I could not straddle with my feet in the water, which I like to do when landing a fish or just to cool off or enjoy the water.

The Revo is a breeze to put on/off the roof, can carry it over rocks, etc., okay to Wheelez around, etc. Easily straddled.

Stability should not be an issue once you have some experience (unless you must stand to cast). Used to have a Cobra Tourer--even narrower, but you learn quickly to move with the swell.

Most Revo owners adjust to the reduced space. I did. But I've still had 5 rods plus a large net and (homemade) fish tank on the Revo. I put about 7-8 Plano tackle boxes in the hull via the center hatch, so have carried a wide variety of baits for bass tourneys.

For the ocean, I've reduced to 3-4 rods, plus gaff, and a bait tube instead of a tank, so the rear tankwell is open for a big fish and to carry my Wheelez if needed.

Battery stores inside, and FF and two rod holders mounted on a gunnells.

A bit tight with a big fish--but who'd complain then!

In either event I suggest ordering a paddle with much bigger blades to make surf launch/entry easier and more controllable. Although some owners peddle all the way in--I don't have faith that the fins, even when bungied up, would not catch a rock in the surf.

So in summary, while I would like to stand to cast (like I used to for Pro-Am BASS tourneys on 250 HP bass boats), the lightness and slimness of the Revo won out over the PA.
Kailolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
driftwood

the PA is built for comfort. you won't have any regrets getting the the PA. The huge handles in the back and front make it easy to Handle. Make sure you get the Wheels.

with a truck and kayak wheels the PA is sweeeeeet! Its fast too! Got mine about a month and half ago and i LOVE IT! And one more thing... the PA can do a full circle on its own length.

Last edited by driftwood; 09-19-2011 at 07:44 PM.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #17
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
so no love for the Revo? thanks everyone for the input.
The Revo is a great ride as well. There are many reasons why more guys are going to the PA.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
Monovasia

I do not think yo can go wrong with either boat....I fish a Revo, love it...fast, tracks well, stable and stuff capacity is fine with me...that being said the PA is an outstanding boat...

The only area I can think of where the Revo has an advantage beyond weight is if the drive breaks down....Sunday was blowing stink in the afternoon...if for any reason you were offshore in a PA with a bad mirage drive, paddling home would be an exercise in V-TAC...I never would have made it and I am in reasonable shape. I did paddle my Revo back to the harbor and am still stiff today, but I did it...
Monovasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #19
TCS

What's the skinny on the new model PA?
What is different?
When will we see it?
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
WahooUSMA

PA!!!!!!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote