View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #1
NICKWORN

LJ 5/20 last trip for awhile!!!

My second son is gonna be here on 5/31!! So we decided to launch at 4:30 hoping to have bait by grey and head over to the kelp line for Ghost, no luck, bait was easy on my secret weapon sabiki! Trolled along the kelp straight west till the 120ft for nada. Made my way south and decide to head west to around 150ft mark and turn north when my mac gets a quick sonic burst then stops, followed by a 2 min scream of my drag! Grab the rod and put it gear, allowing circle hook to settle and I'm off, doesn't feel like the right kind and with all the boats hunkered down over the north canyon I figure thresher! Fought this slow, steady tow for a couple minutes and pop, cut clean at the hook!

So we decide to troll back over the kelp and make a slow peddle in to call it for the day when my buddy hooks up on his first YT. The excitement gets me pumped again and I decide to troll around in front of the condo in 40-50ft of water por nada, except the slimy kind on a surface iron. Turning to head to the launch I'm super close to the seal beach swells, 15ft of water when boom, my line goes haywire! This dude ran at least 150yds before I had to turn and peddle to gain line as I was down to my spectra backing! After a little struggle in the kelp I finally get this little chunky 25lber to the yak! Ah final trip was a success!

PS not sure who that dude in the pic was but thank you sir for the bag of ice!!
Attached Images

NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote