View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #66
THE DARKHORSE

A day late and a dollar short.

Story of my life apparently. Since I have to get up in four hours? The latest update is going to have to wait another day; thanks for your patience on that front. I'll go ahead and throw up a quick teaser, though. With a bit of advice attached. Also, expect a full update on this thread after my trip tomorrow. Whether or not It's a short trip or a long one? Remains to be determined.

The advice: No matter how beautiful a fish might be. Or how bad you'd like to catch said fish? It's probably not worth dyeing for. Diving for, maybe, but not if we're talking about your last breath. Believe me. I've done a lot of stupid stuff in my day. And as much as I'd love to say those days are in the past? That would be a bold faced lie. I do indeed try to keep it to a minimum, of course. But as mentioned in my previous update? Stuff happens.

Along the same lines? Allow me to apologize about the quality of this image in advance. Taking a quality photo in low light is tough. Especially under water. And if anyone ever tells you to hop in on a paddy in the dark. I don't care if it's a double-dog-dare. Or if it's the only paddy you've seen in ten hours of searching! Tell them they're stupid with a quick, yet stern, no. Strangely enough the top ten feet is still clear -- however the 3,000' below that is a complete black void.

I don't know if it's even really that stupid. Just stupid scary; trust me on this. Bad idea. Forget getting attacked by some random Shark in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The heart attack brought on by the little white cap breaking on your back will kill you first. Guaranteed. And for a stupid Dorado? Embarrassing.