Thread: 100lb Thresher
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
KennyHill

100lb Thresher

My brother and I paddled out of La jolla this morning around 5:00am. After taking a couple good ones to the chest i paddled straight out passed the reserve booye line. I started trolling a 10 inch mackerl colored rapala on 25lb test north toward the pier. About 5 min into paddeling my reel starts screaming line and my kayak dose a 180. i set the hook the fish is on. Then my line gose limp i wasnt sure if i lost it or not. Then out of no where about 10 feet in front of my kayak the shark topeedos completly out of the water. Immeaditly knowing i hooked a thresher. i fought the shark for about an hour just going in circles. then it started running in toward the beach it took me into the surf. i had to make a quick decision to go in or go out. i put it in free spool and paddled into the beach. i grabed my rod while riding a wave and jumped out in waist deep water. then i just started cranking him in as fast as i could. Grabed his tail and drug it on the beach. the bait was hooked in his mouth. it was a long haul back to the truck from the pier. 1st thresher ill release the rest.

Last edited by KennyHill; 05-27-2008 at 06:44 PM.
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote