View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #42
maquinapescado

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Anyone pick up the setup when using dead bait that makes it appear to swim like a live bait ?
I don't think it works well with mackerel, but I have rigged ballyhoo a bunch. The key elements are a swivel 3-5' from the hook, a ringed hook and the techniques used to rig the ballyhoo itself.

Run your finger and thumb down the belly several times to squeeze all the feces/excrement out, thoroughly break the back by bending it it rather firmly at many points from behind the gills to the tail, bend it in a wave like motion until it is very flimsy, stuff a one ounce sinker and tie in place by crisscrossing under the gills (I always used dental floss but there is fancy stuff specifically for it) and away you go.

I am sure there are youtube videos for it. I don't think mackerel will work as well. Lots of people still just bimini-twist their leader to main line and straight hook, rather than ring hook and swivel though.

Maybe I will dust off my GoPro and make a video next time I go Marlin fishing and actually rig some.
maquinapescado is offline   Reply With Quote