View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
Famous2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
^Stupid answer, but:
Paddle a lot.

Try 2hours of paddling then rest/rebuild and 2hours back. That should put you at 12-16miles. Then try 3 reps. Its like running or riding you get in the zone and time just passes w/o much thought. In the trips I've done, the final leg with a following push/pull mixed windswell will work you, hard, harder than you would think. Like running with a chute that deploys/folds over and over.

As said, it's not for everyone. ADD/ADHD need not apply. Those that hate the "Beautiful day for paddling; fishing sucked" type of reports, need not apply. It's a crapshoot in a big ocean. I always fished, but love paddling so either way I'm happy. The worst part (to me) is having the cigarette-type boats inside of you doing, 60+mph on the Dana->Newport run, but they rarely get their asses in the water by 1000. From Dana you will also be in the lanes for Avalon day-trippers. Beware. They also don't get out before 1000.
Sorry I'm new at this but when I said I'm in shape I can run 10-12 miles and still swim 2000M run a military obstacle course 3x with flack Kevlar and rifle and still manage to go back and encourage my fellow peers. I think I'm in good shape but that's just me.
Famous2146 is offline   Reply With Quote