View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
DONIGAN
Junior

Send a message via MSN to DONIGAN
Great White in LJ

Hey boys... This is my 8th year LJ kayak fishing and today was a first. Took a good friend of mine out, his second or third kayak fishing trip - and my first Sunday trip in a little while. Around 9am this morning we were in 95 ft off La Valencia and another yaker (about 70 yards away) in a brown hobie started screaming, and LOUD. He freaked out, yelling shark. When we looked over he was hauling ass for us, still freaking out. When he gets to us he is white faced, out of breath and still freaking out. After a few minutes he tells us how a GW followed his bait to his yak then turns bumping the front of his yak. As HE describes it, the shark dwarfed his yak and as mentioned surfaced to check him out. To be honest, I was pretty skeptical blowing it off as perhaps a large Mako or Thresher working the area - we all know how big they look by our Kayak... Anyhow, when we landed a few hours later I told the lifeguards about the ordeal as an FYI - still skeptical. Watching the news tonight ( http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ksw...,4728057.story) and they aired they film some guy took of a shark near SO and also talked about a FEW sightings of GW in La Jolla and Scripps Pier. FYI guys, I was there and I am having a hard time not believing this guy - what he described to us (size, attitude, agression etc) if accurate, was a GW. Be careful -
RD
DONIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote