View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Tis the Season: Remix

Oh come on now. You thought I would write a whole report about one measly month old yellow? As previously stated, I have been spending a ton of time in pursuit of another fish entirely. The ghost. After much research I've learned that this is the best time of year to target them as well. Like most of you, I'm pretty much addicted to this website and kayak fishing. I check it more times than I care to admit. Never more so than when it came to hunting White Sea Bass.

About a month and a half ago I was tipped off about their arrival (with a photo no less), from my favorite fishing guide. He put me on more Yellowtail than I knew what to do with the past year. Only after fishing the same places months on end prior without landing one myself. Not one! By now that's old news though. I learned a ton and have become quite confident when it comes to the tails. Anyway, after being tipped off I was excited to say the least. It had now become my mission to catch one! Day after day of trolling around the kelp edges and every where in between quickly followed.

I was giving it my all out there, desperately fishing my heart out at every opportunity I got. Then it came: Spring break. Seven days of no school, what's an addicted angler to do? Load up the kayak and Fish! So there I was as the days just seemed to fly by. I had already fished 5 ten hour sessions out of my 7 days. With only Calico Bass to show for it! My family was really starting to give me shit and I'm not going to lie, I was rapidly losing confidence. I'd felt this sinking feeling before. I practically wasted the entire last Summer season doing this same thing in search of Yellowtail. Only this time, I knew exactly what to do: swallow my pride and call The Darkhorse. Funny enough, he was the guy who suggested I fish my heart out for them on my own first. Being kind enough to let me know as soon as he started catching them. And gave me some tips to get me started including locations and such. It was only when I finally reached my breaking point, that I practically insisted we spend another day on the water. At this point I would have given my left leg!

So, crazy long story made short, last day of Spring Break we meet up. I'm still incredibly stressed/tired, and he's calm as a Cucumber per usual. Apparently eating White Sea Bass until you can't stand the taste anymore? Does that to a guy. Never have I been more excited, pissed off, exhausted, sad and happy at the same time. All about a fish. A stinking ginormous beautiful fish! So there you have it, the rest of the story. A hot off the press report. So fresh in fact, that I'm still eating the most delicious fish in the world as I type.

I'm not going to lie, if it weren't for the glasses? You might see a tear in my eye I'm hoping to one day, if all goes according to plan, eventually no longer enjoy the taste either. Go get one!!!
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote