View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
lbsurf2ca

Return to the Yak

I've been out of the Kayak Game for quite some time but recently jumped back in for the Love of the winter hunt. There's something about wintertime Yellows that allows me to ignore the cold mornings.

After doing a bit of research on youtube/bloody decks/BWE I decided a few weeks ago I'd start chasing yellows again. After dusting off the kayak and fixing all the ignored equipment it was off to LJ on Sunday. Arrived at the launch about 5:30 only to Find a full-on King Tide with 4ft windswell right on the launch. The pics don't do it justice but those who were there in the morning know what I am talking about. Decided to let the tide fill in all the way before launching and glad I did. Things calmed down significantly about 7 am. Off I went to the normal bait grounds which proved difficult to make. Grabbed a few pieces saw some familiar faces out fishing and ended the day with a few by-catches and one missed opportunity at the target species. Had one go on the 6x blue and white far NW corner. Lots of life in the later afternoon.

Good times. Glad to get back out there with the Plastic Navy!
Attached Images

Last edited by lbsurf2ca; 12-14-2020 at 03:04 PM.
lbsurf2ca is offline   Reply With Quote