View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
chris138
donkey roper

Thanks!

Hopefully nobody is too salty about me posting this. I don't care if there was a million tuna out there... it is not easy to track these things down at 2-4 mph when you're 2 feet above sea level. I got sucked wayyyy south by the current and had about a 4 hour paddle back in with my head down and pushing. Not to mention I was solo. Tried to get some peeps to follow me out but everyone thought the reports were bad and stayed in w the YT. Luckily I have a good radio w GPS. It gets real lonely out there when you're soaked in blood and your boat is practically sinking. In the shot where I'm on the radio, I'm calling in my old buddy the scallywag onto the school. But i did it totally unassisted.

On this day there were lots of PBs on 72 talking about seeing the fish but not getting them to bite. I think the kayak is actually an advantage on the spooky BF. Going offshore again soon... but maybe trying a different spot. PM me if you're interested and have your sled ready for the long haul. Lets make a plan.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote