View Single Post
Old 10-22-2023, 07:31 PM   #10
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
If you go, make sure not to rent a car. Have locals drive you around.

US Dollars buys a lot there. I have to get back to accepting prices here.

The least I paid for a cup of tea in the popular Turkish style cup was 5 TL (Turkish Lira).. Turkish coffee, 20-25 TL.

One Dollar was 27 TL, today almost 28 TL.

Hashem
Good advice Hashem. Thankfully never had an incident in my experience of driving in 17 foreign countries other than corrupt police shake-downs in Mexico. LOL, I bet there are a few on here with stories about that. I like to park the car on the outer edge of the city, ideally near the final stop of a bus or metro line. For time in a foreign city almost always best to use local transportation -- too many crazy drivers. I think the worst experience ever was being trapped in rush hour traffic in Santo Domingo when I brought a car back to the rental place. Watched a truck hit and run multiple parked cars that day.

I imagine it must be crazy insane driving narrow streets in Turkish cities plus nowhere to park and always a concern for the car getting vandalized. Did you hire a local driver, or use Uber? Are local taxis reasonable and safe?
In Colombia, Uber is safer than taxis thanks to Scopolamine scams. Are there any scams to watch out for in Turkey? Did you see any kayak fishing rentals?

Last edited by JohnMckroidJr; 10-24-2023 at 01:10 PM.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote