View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew7! View Post
Sorry to hear this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shitty man! I had a similar incident was probably my 3 or 4th time out from La Jolla no experience what so ever. I thought since I got there before my buddies I’d launch and catch us bait about an hour before sunrise. I thought it would be a good idea to launch closer to the pier in the surfer area not realizing what doom was ahead of me. Life jacket on all poles in my bait tank pole holders headlight etc. So here I am launching in probably 3’ wave, I get completely upended if it wasn’t for my sabiki pole breaking and digging into the ground and slowed the yak down helped save me got smacked pretty good. So finally I get ashore to asses the situation my bait tank stayed on by a strap. I didn’t have my mirage drive tethered at the time but it luckily stayed latched in, gps hanging from only it’s power chord, all tackle lost and a pole beside the snapped sabiki rod. As I’m getting to shore a metal detector guy notices my head lamp blinking in the surf and he says,” go get it I’ll watch your stuff. So hear I am with my adrenaline pumping bobbing up in down trying to dive to the bottom and get my light after a few mouthfuls I finally got it. Then I said screw this Im out and loaded it on top of my tracker with a homemade wrack lol. That day I thought this isn’t for me. But I gave it one more try and somehow caught the YT you see on my icon went on my first slay ride and have been hooked. I didn’t loose as much as you that’s gotta be tough if I see anything I’ll for sure let ya know.
Warmshort is offline   Reply With Quote