View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #27
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Wish they made them bigger though. Ever use the streakz xl?
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Sure, I’ve been using almost the entire Z-Man line up by personal choice for many years.. Thankfully I have had the privilege of several tackle manufacturers sponsoring me to product test their offerings & Z-Man has reigned KING time & time again. Made in the USA!
4” & 5” PaddlerZ.
5” & 7” Scented Jerk ShadZ.
8” StreakZ XL.

Don’t be afraid to use the 5” PaddlerZ for MONSTER Calicos. You don’t always need a bait the size of your arm to get the job done right, and a smaller profile can be finessed in the thicker kelp. The skirts on my swimjigs beefs up the overall profile. I don’t mind throwing the BIG baits either..+ there are a lot of really cool colors for the StreakZ XL & Jerk ShadZ that don’t come available on the PaddlerZ fyi. (Same goes for the 4” PaddlerZ Vs. the 5”.)

The Jerk ShadZ split tails are great and produce too, but the kick and wobble enticing action the PaddlerZ & SwimmerZ produce is unmatched. I have been mentioning to Z-Man for a couple years to put out an PaddlerZ in XL or Boot version on the StreakZ XL & it maybe it will happen?..
To each their own application, although I personally like pitching boot/paddle tail style swimbaitZ..

There are many more colorZ, and they look even better in person due to camera flash, reflection, glare,in packaging, with or without procure, ect in the online/catalog chip charts. (Many tackle manufacturers plastic colors & skirts usually look way off hue or appear really darker then they actually are fwiw.
The new 6” Houdini SwimmerZ are absolutely AMAZING!! You want a brown/red bait for CALICOS, HERE IT IS!
Comes with the signature Z-Man belly slot for full weedless rigging!
I will be testing them out for the first time this week & can’t wait…

Caught on 5" Z-Man Pinfish PaddlerZ, rigged weedless on a 3/4 Oz Warbaits white swim jig.
Look for this in the next KAYAK ANGLER MAGAZINE to hit the newsstands!

4”

6” SwimmerZ

5” Jerk

7” Jerk

4” PaddlerZ

Last edited by wade; 10-24-2014 at 11:45 AM.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote