View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 12:15 PM   #10
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I agree with ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
I've done a bit of research on this and I've rented and ridden a tw200 off road and on. It's a decent bike but it feels super old school. Honda has a new bike called the XR150L that's super cheap at 3k vs 5k of the tw. It's 4 pounds heavier and the seat is 1.7 inches taller so maybe still go with the tw200. I really trust hondas for reliability. I just sold my 84 xr250 in the spring and it was still running strong it just got hard to find parts to do some things I wanted but didn't need to do to replace the shift shaft.
There's also a crf230L I would look for. I had a non street legal crf and I loved it. Never should have sold it honestly. They're 11 pounds lighter than the tw and the seat is only .8in higher, but that's a needle in a haystack. I like your idea of these kinds of adventures and may have to get one myself.
You can buy klr650 cheaper than you can buy the tw200
And I watched a comparison video on the 2 bikes your talking about I like the fat tires on the tw200
My first motorcycle ride was on a Honda 50 v step thu
Honda runs forever when I out grew it the motor was in a mini dune buggie still running and I sold it I was yamaha 175 Enduro then ect.....

Last edited by MITCHELL; 01-25-2024 at 01:29 PM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote