View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Harry Hill

I need some opinions

I'm going to buy a pedal kayak this year but I don't know which brand yet or model. My question isn't about brands but about size. I figure the sizes run from 11.5 to 15' and I would like to hear everyones thoughts about why they chose a certain size and if they are happy with their choice. I am fishing mostly salt water in bays but plan on going off shore more often. Currently I am paddling a Malibu Pro2tandem from mostly the solo position. I've got a blown out shoulder so paddling is starting to hurt. I did have a 12' Ascend from Bass Pro that was a tank but stable, although it took on water in the slightest chop. It still seemed to be an adequate length so I don't think the 12' was a handicap and the Pro2T is 14' and also seems okay. Since I can only reach things within arms length anyway I don't need extra length but if it's better in rough water to have length that would be a benefit. Anyway, thanks for the input in advance. I'm sure everyone has an opinion on this so please weigh in on it.

Harry