Thread: GoPro mounting
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
GregAndrew

Looks like I did not put it on there after all. So here it is.

Here is my mount that seems to work pretty good for me. Since I always bring up camera worthy fish on my right side (as I was correctly instructed), that is where I focused my camera. I used 1 1/4" pvc pipe and connectors but had to belt sand the pipe some to fit it into my flushmount. I have it slipped inside the flushmount just behind my seat and it sets up like this.

Here is the complete unit by itself.

Here are the pvc parts. An 1 1/4" to 1 1/4" connector, an 1 1/4" to 1" reducer, and a 1" terminal.

I mounted the GoPro base to the flat end of the 1" terminal originally with only the sticky tape but now have added a couple of countersunk stainless screws.

I set up the post of the camera with 2 knobs to allow me to adjust the camera in 2 directions.

I have since countersunk a couple small screws through the GoPro base and into the 1" plug so that I do not have to rely on the sticky tape. Also, I have found that you can heat up the 1 1/4" PVC and stretch it just a bit to make it fit into your flushmounts so you do not need a belt sander.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote