View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:50 PM   #4
FISH11

X2, on the avoid the Hook series, every one I know that has one has problems and weird how as the depth increases it changes screen to show the next part instead of a continuous screen picture. I think that would drive me nuts. I use a Lowrance Elite 7 TI and have had it for over 4 years. I use the downscan and sonar. It has 50/200hz and 400/800 for the chirp. That transducer easily fits in the Lowrance ready Hobie transducer area. The dowscan is great on lakes and water under 120'. So in La Jolla or any ocean deep water the dowscan/sidescan are not very useful. The sonar works best on the lower frequency for better definition and view of the bottom, especially as it get deeper. I used to have the Elite 4 on my older kayaks and loved how they worked but had a small screen that at an older age is harder on the eyes to see well. I would recommend 7" screen and unless you fish lakes a lot don't worry about side scan and keep the cost down. X2, on watch Chris Blevins videos on how to pick and how to set up nd read the FF. He uses the Lowrance Elite 7 TI2.