View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #12
Superduper
Junior

Ditto on the bonito. I caught 3 of them buggers right away and headed out. Lost 1st one to a deceptive dog. Went to pin on the next one and noticed the 3rd one was dead. Tossed out my last one and cruised around the corner for nodda. Played hide and seek from the dogs with my last bait. Ended up off the condo just inside the kelp about 85 ft water. Around 8:30 my bonito gets fidgety then I saw the red crab scatter. I look down beside my kayak and I see a huge school of yellows cruising by. My bait starts to peel off and I let em run until I flipped the lever to let it load up. I'm on. With a #6 hook and spectra I'm in good shape. So I thought... The yellow did what they do- headed down to the Forrest. Tug of war pursued then a stand still. Yellow winning with kelp on its side. Put reel in free spool to let em run a bit. Back to the tug a war and pop. Bummer. All in all it was worth the excitement. Last Sunday I caught a nice yellow on a bonito in same area. They do work for bait. Just make sure you pin one on right away as they do not last in a kayak livewell very long...
Superduper is offline   Reply With Quote