View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
yani

First off, I'm from Adi's and Jasmin's school. Love the water, love fishing,
and love feeding the fam with great sea food dishes. How else am I going
to get the fam to listen to my fish stories?

I've received a few requests for the sandwich recipe. (Thanks guys!)
So I'll post the recipe. Keep in mind, you can use any fresh fish.

Sandwich time.

Bread: Trader Joe's artisian cabatta rolls
Fish: Make beer batter first. Key for any batter
is to make it cold and keep it cold. So, get an ice
cold beer, pour two cups into big pan, add salt/pepper (or dash of hot sauce); add one egg; whisk in one cup white flour to remove lumps.
Now keep in refrig until ready to use.

Get your frying pan going with a 1/2 inch of oil (I use regular Olive Oil for frying, not extra virgin cold pressed) Any veg oil will do. Cut fish into nice sized sandwich slabs. Pat dry, then dip into seasoned white flour.

Get the beer batter out, next to the frying pan; now dip the floured fish into the batter, then into the frying pan. Don't leave the frying area. You can drink the rest of the six pac now, but don't leave the area. You want
to cook and eat good food, act like a chef, it's fun.

Fry one side until golden brown, then flip. Place done fish into a plate with paper towels to absorb extra oil.

Finish sandwich: Toast bread. Make mayo spread. To one cup of mayo add juice of one lemon or lime, salt/pepper and maybe a pinch of chili powder. Mix.

Have cut tomatoes, lettuce and onions ready.
Compose sandwich: Lather up both sides of toasted bread with mayo. Start with bottom slice of bread. Add onions, lettuce, tomatoe, fish and top half of bread.
Bingo! Best damn fish sandwich around! Especially with fresh WSB!