View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 06:47 AM   #12
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomen View Post
You sold me on the upgrade my brother! Did you also upgrade the steering drum from the 3 5/8" to the larger 4 5/8" drum? I already have the upgraded fins (ST Turbo Fins). They made a big difference.

On another note (speaking of fins), have you guys seen the new Mirage Drive 180 yet? It's coming out in 2017. You can flip the fins around 180 degrees and paddle backwards without taking them out of the water. Pretty cool concept. They also changed the shape of the fins to accommodate this feature. Watch the video online.

When I had my pro angler pre-2016 I upgraded the parts to the glide technology parts. Worth it in my book. Used needle bearings where there were bushings before. Any hobie 2016 and later should have the GTT drive from the factory. Might even be 2015 not sure. If I remember the parts were under $150 for the glide technology upgrade. Call up andy at OEX and he can set you up. I installed the parts myself it was pretty simple. Lipripper made a good install tutorial here you should be able to find using the search. As far as the reverse drive, yes the idea is that you can leave the drive in, pull on a tabbed cable next to the pedals, and it flips the fins for reverse.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote