View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #11
Saba Slayer

From the DFG last night...

This info is from Wayne (CCA Executive Director)...
Please JOIN CCA CAL...!!!

There's been a lot of misinformation being spread about the California Fish & Game Commission emergency meeting. Here is an update from the Executive Director for the Commission:

"After yesterday’s announcement about an emergency teleconference meeting, we’ve had countless inquiries with some confusion that I want to clarify:

The meeting is Thursday, April 9, at 8:30 a.m. For information on how to join, please see our meeting agenda or meeting materials. Commissioners and commission staff care deeply about recreational fishing and recognize that it can be an especially important outlet during this difficult time. Tomorrow’s meeting is not to consider recreational fishing closures. Tomorrow’s meeting is to consider adopting a temporary regulation that would expire on May 31, 2020. The Commission and its staff do not have the capacity to make quick decisions that may be needed as the COVID-19 emergency evolves in the coming weeks.The proposed regulation delegates authority to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to swiftly respond to dynamic public health and safety concerns arising from the COVID-19 emergency by temporarily delaying, suspending, or restricting sport fishing for particular species or in specific areas (i.e., delaying the trout opener in Mono or Inyo counties as they have requested). If the regulation is approved, the department is required to consider public health and safety guidance from federal, state, tribal and local governments to shape any decisions on whether to delay, suspend, or restrict fishing. The director must also consult with the president of the Commission on any decisions.

I hope this helps better explain what is intended with tomorrow morning’s meeting."

Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote