View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #8
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
That a very noble thought...but...from enforcement's POV... it seems to me that it would be a nightmare to quickly craft a law that enables locals to fish and keeps others out...and then there's enforcing it...how close do you have to be to your house to be allowed to fish as a local ?
Any suggestions on that...?
That comment was more in response to a bunch of people freaking out and shouting about the gov'mit, clutching thier state constitutions, swearing, spitting, and quoting Thomas Jefferson

I'm less seeing it as something they can actively implement and something they can passively refrain from implementing.

TBQH, I think it makes perfect sense to postpone the opening of the fisheries in Mono and Inyo counties. The letter written by the Board of Supervisors and Sheriff paints a pretty scary picture, and it seems like you'd want to eliminate the option for anyone crazy enough to try to travel out there right now.

While it doesn't sound likely, I'm more speaking to the concern that fishing would just be cancelled until this whole thing blows over. That said, it's kinda moot for me at this point, as there's no real access to PCH where I typically fish/dive right now based on local enforcement anyway.

Last edited by ProfessorLongArms; 04-08-2020 at 01:33 PM.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote