View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
IMHO... as I see it and after a few conversations with some people that have good relationships with the DGF Commission...
As I understand it the purpose of this emergency meeting is primarily to postpone the start of the Trout season in the Eastern Sierras.
The Sheriff in mono County is very worried along with the Hospital staff that their 17 bed facility could be overwhelmed very quickly with all the folks driving up from the South...to the extent that they have set up a checkpoint at the Mammoth offramp on Hwy 395 to check ID's for locals only access...no second home or visitor access is allowed.
A power grab...?...well I must say I'm not happy with granting Commissioner Bonnam total emergency power...I wish there was some public oversite...!
We'll see...hopefully Bonnam will act in a responsible way and just use laser focus to shut down only the areas that could pose logistic problems...but...as I said...We'll see...only time will tell.
If you are truly concerned about any shutdowns, a letter to the DFG Commission expressing your feelings might be in order...(it certainly will do more that just posting your opinion on a kayak fishing board)...let me remind you, that regardless of the State constitutionality that some may post about...we only have a right to fish recreationally and not for sustenance fishing and I've been reminded of that fact a few times in my many years of DFG Commission meeting's as well as the many DFW Marine Resource meetings.
SUBMITTING WRITTEN COMMENTS
The public is encouraged to comment on any agenda item. Submit written comments by one of the following methods: E-mail to fgc@fgc.ca.gov or delivery to California Fish and Game Commission, 1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1320, Sacramento, CA 95814. Materials provided to the Commission may be made available to the general public.
COMMENT DEADLINES
The Written Comment Deadline for this meeting is 5:00 p.m. on April 8, 2020. Written comments received at the Commission office by this deadline will be made available to Commissioners prior to the meeting.
Good idea Jim, working on my written comment now.