View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
naru
Junior

Hey YakDout, just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you and your fam are all okay.We were affected as well by the wildfires-def too close for comfort. Our home is located really close to the ignition point. The fires literally came inches too our community. One home wasn't so lucky and lost the roof and third floor. Big ups to the fire crew and the brave neighbors that stayed behind to fight the inferno. It's still so unreal. I'm so happy and grateful we could fish another day. Cheers and congrats to being an Uncle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Well guys, I'm currently pedaling in from the Carlsbad lagoon. It has been a crazy couple days for me. Wasn't sure if I still had a home until yesterday.

With 20 ft flames less than 1000 yards away from my door the other day, I literally put my shirt on while running to my truck. Didn't have time to grab anything more than my wallet, keys, passport, and girlfriend. Drove straight to my moms house to grab my little sister while flames were encroaching upon their house as well.

My girlfriends family took my whole family in and helped us with the necessities that we no longer had. Watched countless hours of news to see if my house had caught fire.

Meanwhile my older sister was delivering a baby at palomar hospital that almost got evacuated. I am now an uncle

So i drove yesterday to check out if I could get in and the cops let us in. I stayed the night there but I had to park 3/4 of a mile down the road at a nearby hospital and walk in. Woke up this morning at home and really wanted to fish. I ended up carrying the kayak from my complex to the hospital. An hour ago my friend texted me saying after 3 days they had opened the road to drive into my complex, and I am super stoked I don't have to carry my PA back up twin oaks valley road.

If you're wondering why I posted this in fishing reports, well because I caught the biggest WSB I've ever caught 15 minutes ago.

Well ok it was also the first WSB I've ever caught .

Good to be home..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
naru is offline   Reply With Quote