View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 04:36 PM   #12
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
I haven't been bitten either but my friend showed me how strong their mouth is if you get your finger in there.

I have the eclipse, I will attach the harness to the lower hoop, I can see how lifting it from the upper hoop you pull the bars loose, something I was worried about so thanks for pointing that out. Do the cords with the hooks on the bars hook to the top hoop or the small center hoop to keep it centered?
They hook to the top after going around the bottom ring when new; but the cords stretch when get old. I started using zip-ties to attach the legs via a small hole to the bottom ring. It takes longer, but it is the best way to keep the net together.
In the conical nets the center hole is always in the center of the net. However, in the flat nets, it is possible for the center ring to sit next to the edge of the big ring. Thus, it is a good idea to use a special bait cage to insure the cage it is always in the center. Of the big ring.
The book is a necessary addition to any lobster hunter. My comparison of various nets is just that, comparison. Each have a function.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote