View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
kurtfish

Hydro Glow Light Works Like a Charm & Hubbs BP Tourney info

My son, Lucas and I launched my PA into the surf and 4am this morning and I SUPaddled the yak in the dark across the canyon to a group of 35 boats and yaks. The squid came up great in our Hydro Glow light. Lucas was trying to scoop the squid up with a net but they were a bit skidish. We put about 20 squid in our tank and tried to find the WSB without luck this am. Lucas reeled in about a 5 lb. Calico bass thast hit a Carolina rigged live squid so he was thrilled. We kept one more rockfish to round-out a nice meal. Lucas is looking froward to eating his big fish.

As far as the contest the Hubbs site is active except for the virtual contest which is coming back again this year for your non-fishing freinds that may want to join your team and support the great cause. http://www.hswri.org/index.php?bShow=82&cat=3

In the above linked photo I am stanidng adj. to our great freind of fishing, Mr. Bob Fletcher who won the sportboat division last year with two 20+ BFT on a 3/4 day boat at the Islands last year. My 32 pound YT took the kayak division. Spearfish and private boaster divisions as well. Fishing is on Saturday the 30th and Friday evening as well so the overnight is available as well. Weigh-in sheet has to be in by 9pm on Saturday evening I believe.

The BBQ and the silent auction that I am working with Bob Fletcher and Carl Robbins to secure a great selection of items for you and your wives to bid on. Bring your non-fishier freinds as well as we have dining and hotel certs available for bidding as well. We will have beer available this year to go along with great fish tacos and sushi. Please come out and celebrate our rebounding WSB fishery with us.

HubbsBill_Poole__entry_form_lw.pdf
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote