Thread: Leo Carrillo
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #7
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris View Post
I've launched from both the north and the south beaches. The north beach can have a nasty shore break but is sandy. the south beach is rocky and a little more protected.
Thanks Cris, sounds like ill have to evaluate my options when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
I have never launched from the north side.
Please see photo. The red is where I park(you should get there before sun up as parking goes quick) the black line is the path I wheel my kayak to launch spot. The blue circle. The stairs are burned out so a longer walk.
The waves in this area are pretty easy to deal with.
Last time there at high tide the sand was there as for a low tide there will be some rocks to deal with. But launching in the blue circle area does have more sand.
Side note during then summer months the area in blue is set up for kayakers. At one point there was or is a map showing where you can be. Surfers here windsurfers there and so on.
Looks like the wind on Sunday isn’t going to be favorable.
I am heading there on Saturday as wind should be better.
Yea, Saturday is a better day over all for kayaking down here it looks like, but I've got some nonsense to take care pretty much right in the middle of the day so Sunday it is.

Thanks for the info man, if it gets too choppy out there I'll head in an call it a day.

p.s. im looking forward to the report from Saturday. What are you targetting out there?

Last edited by SoCalEDC; 04-18-2019 at 12:43 PM.
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote