Thread: avet sx
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
deepdvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post

In my humble opinion, I can't see the purpose in the magic cast feature for a bait set-up. You shouldn't be casting your bait on a kayak in the first place. Save that extra hundred bucks for another rod or reel.

If buying an Avet for your jig-stick, Magic Cast all the way! Spend that extra money, because you're going to need that feature for tossing the iron on an Avet.
The MC option is $40 more and with the current sale you get MC for the regular price. I agree you won't do much, if any, casting if you use it as a bait setup. But, the clicker is very weak on the SX and Larry Laumann said it perfectly that he usually ends up putting the reel just in gear with the clicker on. I'm not a big fan of doing that, thus spending $200 for an SX MC seems like a good way to go.

If you go MXJ, that clicker without MC seems to be fine.

I have a JX MC that I use on my jigstick and I can cast it without thumbing and no backlashing on MC setting 4. With setting 3 I just have to keep my thumb ready and rarely if ever have an issue.

On another note, why are you on the boards so much Josh??? Shouldn't you be fishing or something? Don't tell me you're on a sabbatical.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote