View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Mr GreenJeans

LJ Saturday-Sunday Report

Went out on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Back-to-back YT on the iron. I had a store-bought squid on the dead stick, but it was never touched (except for the one that some creature poached off the hook, that is). Went back to the same spot on Sunday, hoping for a repeat performance. This time the squid didn't even get poached. That's how dead it was.

At home they weighed 32 and 28 pounds. Woohoo! Finally broke through the 30 pound barrier.

David

P.S. If I look a little wet, it's because I almost dumped it on the way in. The drive mechanism gave me some trouble. Here is a side note for the Hobie pedalers (like me). The sail mast on your sail (i.e. your flippers) is held in place by an allen screw. If the allen screw loosens up, the mast can slip off at an inopportune time. Like when you are landing through the waves. You don't lose the mast or anything, but one of the flippers becomes temporarily useless and you unexpectedly go a lot slower. Easily put back in place with an allen wrench once you lift out the drive mechanism.

Don't get me wrong. I still love my Hobie. But now I know to snug up that allen screw when I set up the boat the night before.
Mr GreenJeans is offline   Reply With Quote