View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 03:22 PM   #5
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Great video! I know the feeling. I've been hitting DP literally every weekend this winter for 8+ hours at a time, launching at 5am in the dark just dreaming of a nice WSB or halibut. I know it's a matter of "time on the water"+"right place, right time" so I keep hitting it even after all the skunk days. Last weekend paid off a bit though. Had a halibut, juvi. WSB and a sandy in the kayak all before sunrise. All undersize, but it was refreshing to get some variety and some decent fights(not just pulling up greenbacks all day for lobster bait!). The bite can only get better from here I hope!

As usual, thanks for the videos. Nice to see some good footage out there while stuck home working instead of just daydreaming
Yeah, it can get frustrating, but catching some undersize and releasing then can help satisfy the fishing part. Since when I started on a Malibu X Factor kayak back in early 2013, I tried to always remember that the MOST important part of any trip was to get a little exercise and to use the time on the water to RELAX and feel better. Not to get all wound up on the fishing side, otherwise what's the point. Time on the water does get rewarded. Being on the water is better for your health than watching a TV or computer screen.