Thread: Patience
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Great video and great suggestions, wouldn't expect any less from Chuck D!!

The best advise that I ever received came from Greg, he said, "the best time to not launch is when I launch".

The second best advise also came from Greg, he said, "the time time to not land is when I land".

The third best advise also came from Greg, he said, "the best time to launch is when the water gets to its highest point". His reason for this makes complete sense. Once the water reaches the highest point on the beach it means that the largest surf has past and the lull has begun. Obviously, you still have to consider those nice sized breakers that like to sneak in.

Follow these three rules along with a little patience and you'll survive most if not all launches and landings.

Great video Chuck, and amazing lesson in patience. More power to you all who surf launch and land. I have been kayak fishing for about 3 years now. I can't seem to get over my apprehension when it comes to the surf. I have done it 3 times, the last time being over a year ago. I wanna get out there and catch some game fish, but the fear holds me back. So kuddos. I have great respect for all of you.

Janine