View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
packeryakker

New seat trouble

I recently pulled the trigger on a new gts expedition seat for my outback. The stock outback seat was well worn and beginning to get very uncomfortable. Giddy with excitment I got out with my new seat a few weeks ago and was not impressed. What initially seemed like a super comfortable upgrade was cumbersome and uncomfortable. After a little reworking of the straps it was a little better. The problem seems to be that without the posts the hobie seat had to hold it in place the new seat tends to slide forward which pulls the back down. Additionally the attachment points are giving me some trouble. I know I need to add a couple new rings or eyes to the hull, I'm just not sure where would be the best location(s). I went camping at Refugio and Leo Carillo over the last couple weeks and got the yak and seat in the water to try out some new ideas. I got "industrial strength" velcro and attatched to the yak where the seat goes and then the matching piece was stuck to the seat. Seemed great on land, lasted 5 minutes in the water. Fishing was slow. Next attempt: super glue velcro to the seat as the pieces on the yak seemed to be fine. Seemed great on land, lasted 15 minutes on water. Fishing was a little better. So, please, some advice on how to attach this seat, where to put new attachment points and what materials and adhesive will work the best. Thanks! Hitting up Gaviota for some camping next week and would like to have the seat ready to go.
packeryakker is offline   Reply With Quote