View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Mr. Adventure
Damn Hippy

OC squid grounds

I, like many others, am thrilled from the reports of last weekend and will be heading out of Dana Saturday to get in on some of this squid & WSB action. Assuming they decided to hang around.

I just wanted to throw out what I know and see if it sounds like a game plan. Kevin pointed out squid to me when we passed over some and I sketched it out, it looked like a bait ball but was hugging the bottom. So on a finder it looks like a school but spread more horizontal right?

I've never made squid before, is there a certain depth they like to hang around? I know they move but from all I've read they stay somewhat deep. It also seems that the best time to make them is in grey light.

And finally once you've got your squirts I assume you drop them near where the squidders are and wait for those ghosts to come after them?

I know everyone is pretty tight lipped on this, and I'm super appreciative of any info. Thanks for the reports that have us all excited to get out there and get on this opportunity!
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote