View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #34
SorryCharlie

I know the owner of Fish Village, he is a very good friend so I was able to get the lowdown on the price increase.

The boat itself takes a serious beating with the kayaks being taken on and off all day, not to mention the custom swim step and bait tank rack they have to maintain and/or replace occasionally (the swim step required some mods for future trips). Also, I agree with Iceman that the Islander crew is amazing, and they also take a beating during these trips. I fully agree with the Islander that at the very least the crew should make more money from the kayak trips, given how much more they have to put into it.

Overall, the previous prices were to low for the Islander to justify the extra maintenance and work required for these mother-ship trips. While the Islander was responsible for the pricing set originally, I do not blame them for trying to do what is best for them after learning from years of running these trips.

There are still spots left on the first trip (I believe it was 8 at my last talk with Mike), but the second trip is full.
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote