View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #202
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfphoto View Post
Mark, I like that cart.

At first, I thought you had a cart for the launch ramp which will shred your solo.

How are you dealing with the launch ramp road rash?
I never drag any of my kayaks or the Solo Skiff across that concrete ramp with those diagonal groves and rough textures, it's like running your palm on a cheese grader. On ramps offloading is not a problem bow will float and I can ease the rear down into the water while sliding it down, for loading I use the same 2 piece ABS pipe ramp, I use at the Shores beach launch. It is actually easier at the beach because there is no boat wakes to deal with when aligning the Solo Skiff with the two ABS pipes. Then I use a strap hand crank winch to pull it up the ramp and into the truck bed. Here's a picture from a video clip taken on Thursday the 8th. Took out my dog to get her more used to the open water in the Solo Skiff. If she continues to like going out I will take her out sometimes to La Jolla when the surf forecast says it's going to be a lake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GH010045_Moment (2).jpg (66.0 KB, 257 views)

Last edited by FISH11; 10-09-2020 at 09:34 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote