View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
FISH11

La Jolla Shores Beach Launch Condition 4-11-2020

Late yesterday and again this morning I looked at the La Jolla Shores Hotel web cam and did not like what I see. It looks like the King Tide on Thursday night might have undermined the really thick concrete end slab on Avenida de la Playa were it meets the sand. It looks like it sunk on the sand side and lifted up several feet, maybe 2'-3' above the street level. Looks like a giant ramp from the beach side. That would suck, it took the City of San Diego several years and 3 attempts to fix that street 4-5 years ago. If that's the case I doubt the City would put that on the agenda as "Essential". It might mean when the lock down is over and we can get out there again, we will have to do like in the past and wheel the kayak from blocks away and go down the stairs. That was not easy with a fully loaded kayak. Much worse when coming back after 8 hours out on the water and tired. Even worse when you got lucky and had landed a nice Homeguard Yellowtail, making the kayak even heavier. I remember the extra work it was to get the kayak up the stair steps with the touring looking on and asking "Did you catch that Tuna out there". Dumb tourist! It wouldn't be the worse experience after what seems like Cabin Fever with this lock down. I would welcome it compared to this now. Here are a couple pictures from one of those trips during that last street repair in early 2016. https://www.ljshoreshotel.com/beachcam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37lbYellowtailLJ2016.jpg (58.5 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg LJPB37LBYELLOWonCuda14.jpg (69.4 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by FISH11; 04-11-2020 at 09:50 AM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote