View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 09:38 PM   #1
bubbacee7

Back Out on the Bay

Back out on the Bay (SD) with Fishinmike. Took a friend Chris and hos Son Presley with us. Launched from Shelter Island right at sunrise. Air was warm, soft slight breeze and calm water. Water was warmer than I thought it would be. Lots of brothers getting out.

Chris first time out with us and he was christening a new yak. Trolleda croc out to the lower range marker without a bite. Got to the lower range and caste d a couple and my my 4 inch smoke hooked a 14 inch spottie. Then we trekked out to the jettie. Easy haul out. Chris and his son made it. He and Fishinmike ended up with sore knees. Had a couple small bites but no fish on. Then Chris had to go back due to sea sickness so bad he couldn’t paddle or pedal back. His son had a challenge towing him back so I helped him like Fishinmike helped me when my pedal chain snapped.

Got him back in then fished The lower range again. Motor oil green was the way to go. Caught a 13 incher on my light gear. Good fun. Followed by a 7 inch and surprisingly an Octopus.

Saw lots of bait fish out. Eel grass getting healthier. Think the fishing will improve in the next couple weeks.

Final count:
Chris - seasick
Presley: 1 Hali
Fishinmike: Unusually skunked
Bubbacee: 3 spotties and an Octopus.

Good luck.
Attached Images

bubbacee7 is offline   Reply With Quote