View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
igotpron
Xcoastie

Mirage Drive Maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Or guys using equipment everyday we’re carrying a complete extra drive, especially if you were riding a PA. Like mentioned, carrying a bag or the tools needed along with a spare idler chain / cable could save your bacon. But drop that 7/16 nut in water and your toast. Can you imagine paddling a PA from around corner? Replacing cables / chains every year or two is probably a wise idea if seeing extreme usage. Knowing where to look or inspect can help, but the failure can also occur without warning. Not sure if arms on newer style of drive have issues? But, that could occur on older models. Some guys have even stripped out the cam. Having a professional service it every year wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Your right about the nut. I had a few extra on hand for the repair. My pops used to surf his oasis and would frequently strip out the gears and brake chains. Until he got the OG all metal setup. Since then he just bends masts or breaks chains. But this is an extreme circumstance. I have the parts to upgrade to the GT but I get sand in my drives. And I don’t like rebuilding every few outings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote