Thread: eye damage
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #20
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
I think I got a bit of sun damage to my eyes yesterday out on the water. Started feeling strained about mid day and still sore today. I'm pretty good about wearing my shades on the water but I think the cheap gas station sunglasses don't offer up much protection from uv. Anyone else experience this?

I always seem to break or lose expensive glasses so I buy the cheap ones. Now I'm reconsidering. Problem is, it's very hard to find shades that fit my face and look good. Wide head. I don't want to spend a large chunk on costas or maui Jims if I don't like the style or fit. Any big headed anglers have some suggestions on brands and styles that work for you? Something tuff enough that won't damage easily or cheap enough to be replaced when they get scratched. I'm rough on shades.
I'm horrible with sunglasses. I usually buy the ones at Walmart by Berkely. $15 and they last a long time.

If I don't wear these while on the water my eyes water like crazy the rest of the day and even into the next. Best recommendation I can give you is to place a cool compress on your eyes. 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off and get really good rest.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote