View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #11
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtesta27 View Post

PREACH!!!!!!!!! As someone who has to deal with the public and with customer service this is spot on. I will also say that you catch far more flies with honey than vinegar, and when someone who is calm, collected, and polite needs help I will bend over backwards to do everything I can do to get a resolution. When you take the "vinegar" approach, I'm more than likely gonna drag my feet a little, and probably feed you a very corporate friendly line about our service level agreement, give you the max estimate on time, and then send ya on your merry way!
A good business is based on word of mouth reputation. If you take care of your customers they will come back and tell others about their experience with you. On the same hand bad customer service will eventually come back to haunt you. I managed an equipment rental yard for seven years and ran it like I owned it. If a customer had a problem I took care of it immediately and if I couldn't they didn't pay and got use of the equipment they needed as soon as their problem was taken care of without being charged. If I ever caught an employee ignoring customers they were looking for another job the next day. We either took care of our customers or our competitors would.