Thread: Let Us Fish!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks for the positive energy, guys. Right back at ya'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr
Way to go on that 30 lb. +/- bluegill of the sea!!! I think I'll have Adi do some forensic research on the carbon dating of that photo to make sure it really happened after you entered WCW.

The seminar should be a great opportunity for people who can make it. You can tell them you're only a little behind deepdvr in the WCW standings for the month.

What's the story with the gouge on that yellow? You taking a bite out of crime?

Good job amigo!

I haven't even submitted a fish yet and the time and weight is being questioned already; tough crowd!

On that note: I wouldn't believe the weight of your (deepdvr) fish either, if I wasn't ten-feet away when you sank the gaff .

This fish was caught a few hours after I entered WCW on Saturday. Something in my gut told me it was going to be a nice day, which it was. I had my partner for the day bring a fish-bag with ice---and a six-pack of Fat Tire to celebrate after we sealed the deal. In no time we were celebrating the life of our fish. Fat Tire is a tasty brew, but after a couple of fish---even better!

About this time, Adi rolled up on his 26' kayak, with twin engine two-strokes purring---yelling 'where's the fish'? I pointed at the thick lump in the bag on the back and made a gesture towards the school my client and I were following. He was courteous enough to continue slow trolling on their original heading; as apposed to casting over our heads! Which was a classy move in my book.

I wonder what A.S.G. would have done?

And no panic shot here; the hole below the dorsal isn't from me. You can tell it's partially healed with the dark areas around the hole. A fresh gaff wound doesn't look like that. Yellowtail are tough, and it's common that they have previous heart-break written all over them. Literally. It does look like a previous panic, gaff shot, though. This fish was gaffed right in the heart and created quite the chum slick.

While I left the kane pole at home, this fish did eat the rope; straight 40 lb Izorline. Fifteen pounds of drag and a couple of near capsize moments later---she was toast!

Nice hat. Apparently each one comes packed with positive fish karma. Right Josh?

I think the 'Let Us Fish' hat comes with a guaranteed White Sea Bass, Yellowtail and Halibut every month you fish . Every angler in California should have one---or ten!

Ice-fishing? That would explain the launching in jogging pants during the month of December. Now that's hardcore, boys! I-heart-Sharon.