Thread: Sunday
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #1
Mike scales

Sunday

Sea hunt Sunday... Miracles do happen.
Arrived at the shores with Brandon this morning at 6:30am. Launching conditions were ideal. Bait was not an issue and we quickly filled our tanks. With my hands covered in Mac slime, I hastily cast my rod and lost my grip in the process. My Shimano Talica 16 2 speed with Terez rod sank like a rock in 80+ feet of water. A quick panic attack, then I immediately way point the location on my finder and begin to toss my iron down in hopes to scrape up my rod. After about 15 tries, and 30 hail marys, success! I thank my lucky stars and commenced fishing. After a couple of hours fly lining, I decide to drop a three way swivel down. About 20 min later, I hooked this guy! Sweet! About 2pm, we started seeing big boils. I continued fishing when suddenly a nice group boils 30-40 yards in front of me. I fire off my surface iron immediately and instantly hook into something nice! Line peeling off fast, fish dives down and cuts me off some rocks. Darn! We decide to slowly make our way back with our fly lines out. Brandon working hard to land a fish and not get skunked. Moments later, he's on something big. Sure enough, one of the biggest yellows I've ever seen! We paddled back in happy and amazed on many levels. — with Brandon Parks.
Gyotaku my fish too!