View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Gotta share this fresh experience. Today I was doing the happy pedal in around 10am with a large greenback in tow. About 100 yards outside the reserve the greenback gets picked up and freight trains south and finally into the kelp. There is a boater in gear cruising into the path of the fish. I yell out that I have a fish heading at him, it is obvious, rod bent and moving fast, he just stared back and kept motoring. Around 25 feet away I yell that I am going to run right into him. He yells back all pissed off" Are you serious? I slammed into the side of the boat, fish still pulling drag, I have the rod in the water and am getting pushed around the stern right by that spinning prop thingy. Fish pops off as it rubs on something sharp and finally he tells his chick to take it out of gear. He lets loose with smoke coming out of his ears about me hitting his $50,000 boat and how I should have bjust backed off the drags. I just apologized as I had no intention of hitting his boat. Now if he had been anchored and not under power I would feel really bad. I like to think that I always try to take my share of the responsibility, this guy took none and showed me no courtesy, he could have easily taken the boat out of gear or turned the wheel to the left and I would have easily won Wades YT Derby
Any pics of the dudes girlfriend? No? How about a pic of a YT?
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote