View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:00 PM   #9
lamb

Got stuck last night with my best man. I was late again… Made it to Shores at around 6:00 AM.

Small surf, hardly any wind. It didn’t seem as lively as it was on Monday. The current was ripping, hardly any kelp on the surface. Water seemed warmer, blue/greenish and clear. It didn't seem as fishy as on Monday, but the tails are definitely there.

Around 7:30 or so, as I ran into Brad little south past ½, my spanish got picked up. The fish fought pretty strange, kept running on the surface and changing direction. Got me hoping it was maybe a C-lamb but nah, I gaffed 10# yeller. The drag was set way too tight for him, it figures.

Not a long after, picked up 4# babytail. Tried interrogating him, but he wouldn't say where his mother was. :cry: He was hooked in the corner of the mouth so I cut him loose.

Later on, I had something nicer pick up my Spanish, and then spit the hook after 30 sec run.

On our way back, while dragging the biggest Spanish I had, I got picked up gooood. Set the hook, strong run…. I was on for about 20 secs and – pop! The line broke at the knot. Damn, made me regret I dropped down to 20# test floro leader, dreaming of Clamb. It may as well have been. I’ve been deep inside, trolling in 65’. Let’s not talk about that. I actually think it was a seal.

Surf a bit bigger, bit still nothing. Landed dry – again!!! I may consider not stashing my rods one of these days…

Beautiful day at LJ. Got to meet few more faces from people that paddle team – Gabe, Dan… Nice to meet you all in person!

We DID own the pond today, it was pretty cool. We really had it covered. Good seeing ya’ all otw!!!